Monday, June 03, 2013


June 3, 2013

Hola Familia!

It was great to read all your emails! Sounds like its raining alot in Calgary! I was glad you finally got my letter, I don’t know why it takes so long, I sent that like a month ago. This week went by so fast, I don’t even know what to say.

Saturday we had a soccer game with the ward and some of our investigators, it was super fun but so hot its ridiculous. All the Latinos are soo good at soccer its crazy! Except they can’t play basketball. I feel so tall here, tall for the Latinos are like 5:6 it’s so weird. My companion says you get use to it, then one day you look at pictures and feel like a giant. There is also alot of ice-cream trucks here, I see at least 5 different ones a day. 

We taught alot of lessons this week though, I think 18! But no baptismal dates. Our biggest struggle is getting them to come to church because they work or have other things.  No one is married because they want to save money. I think I will be a bit shocked when I come back home, people here live way differently, not very much money or education.  I can read the book of Mormon in Spanish better than some and I suck pretty bad.  This week I understood alot more and I am really starting to grow alot with the language. 

Thursday we had Zone conference which was was super good! Pres. Becerra is amazing, he always just blows our minds with stuff. At the end people had tons of questions and all he said in return is scriptures and quotes.  For example,  "Elder Bednar said this” and just quotes it perfectly. He also has the most powerful testimony I have ever heard.  He talked about the savior and our work here and being chosen to come here. He was telling us that we need to read our patriatical blessings because now is the beginning of something huge, the Lord is hastening the work. I guess that D&C scripture about the lord hastening the work is the most quoted by the apostles during the last 6 months. I was hit with the spirit so hard as he said we were specifically needed here for certain people, its crazy. 

Each day my love for the savior grows and I realize I am nothing without him. I’ve never thought about him so much before, I feel like it was selfish of me because I didn’t think of the Savior all the time.

It’s been really hot here, especially on a bike, I guess I just have to get use to it. It is even hotter in peoples houses, no AC. It’s so funny to hear what Latinos say about Canada, “you live in ice? or does it snow all year round? Do you see the sun often?” Classic. 


Anyways love you guys hope you have a good week!
I am excited to get the package you sent.  

Got to go, love you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom, hopefully you get my bday card in time too!

Love Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment