Tuesday, September 03, 2013


Tuesday August 27, 2013

Hey family! 

I loved all the pics dad sent, looks like crypt was fun, it doesn’t look like it was very hot though. Its crazy we just did that hike at the end of last summer. Those Galloway pics are sweet too, did you guys do it all on your own? 

This last week was good! Last week we helped Hermano (brother) Gomez with his house. That returning less active family. He is on fire! We are teaching his bro in law and son and then brother Gomez oldest daughter and boy friend who aren’t members and he has referrals for us. But anyways he has a giant tree that covers his house so we helped him trim it and sweep his roof, it was super hot but good to help him out. It took us like 2 and half hours! The whole family came to church too!

Oh I found out that Snoop Dogg lives in my mission, in a place called chino. I guess he has a big gate and a basketball hoop with a Gold Rim, pretty classic.

On Tuesday we went on exchanges and I was in our area. We had a lesson with one of our investigators Maria (everyone Latina is named Maria). And I had no idea what to teach her. I had been praying alot and we went in and she hadn’t read so we read ch 1 in Nephi and explained more about why we have the book of Mormon. Then it all just came, all in Spanish too, and we talked about the Holy Ghost and what it feels like and how it is how we are able to know truth. We than set a baptismal date for Sept 29th which was sweet it all just happened I had no idea what I was saying. Crazy!
I really do know that when we do everything we can then God will help us with what he would have us do. 

God is like a Boss in a way. You don’t receive a paycheck before you work right. After our work or trial of our faith comes the blessings. This is a concept we have been teaching our investigators. It applies to all of us, if we want a testimony we need to work for it, or an answer to a prayer.

Yesterday was Zone Conference, it was super good! President Beccera just blows our minds every time, I think the greatest teacher I have met. He talked about how there is a new temple video, and we are going in October and he says how amazing it is. He’s like I just want to go to the temple everyday now. So all the missionaries are super excited to go. We did a bunch of role-plays and talked about how to teach Latino people. Before we came were supposed to read Jacob 5 and our Patriarchal Blessings and look for why we were called at this time. I found tons of things in mine that is really strengthening my testimony. 
At the end he was testifying of our calling and how we were reserved and how we need to hasten the work. Very powerful moment. Very spiritual meeting. After zone conference we all just wanted to go find more people to teach!

This month I am really focusing on understanding the Doc of Christ better and relying on the spirit. And I have seen a change so far. Our planning is different and our prayers for it as well, its all Gods work. 

Today I think a member is taking us to arbys in Azua haha I guess the zone leaders really want to go. I would rather take advantage of the ride and go hiking but one day. I guess there are some sweet hikes here.

I am so grateful to be here in this mission have these experiences. Before I would have good ones like at church or seminary but those feelings would go away and it was apart of me all the time. Here it happens all the time and my motivation from doing missionary work is changing from out of duty to love. 

I hope you all have a super good week, last week of summer right? 
Love Elder Garry


P.s here is some pics of us eating at bills, every Thursday! Don’t worry that morning we ran 3 miles!

Me with the free pop

Me making fun of elder Ingram


No comments:

Post a Comment